Camp Fire Giving

In the past week, we have received a number of requests for information about how to provide financial assistance to victims of the Camp Fire in Butte County. We have assembled a list of organizations accepting donations, shown below, which may guide you in that process. As always, we encourage you to use resources such […]

Good News for Philanthropic IRA owners

If you’re over age 70 1/2 and are looking to reduce your taxes while making charitable contributions, you should consider taking advantage of a Qualified Charitable Donation (QCD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) this year. The IRS ruled that charitable donations after age 70 1/2 made from your IRA accounts will be exempt from […]

Helping Syrian Refugees in Greece

What can a fulfilling retirement look like? Though it is different for everyone, we have a couple of clients, a husband and wife, who also both happen to be doctors. They retired a couple of years ago, and when they recently realized the need for their skills in Greece, they made the decision to travel […]

Harvest Time for Tax Savings

As the end of 2015 approaches, a window is still available for tax savings. Here are a few ideas to help reduce your tax bite. TAX LOSS HARVESTING A popular strategy called tax-loss harvesting should be considered.  The stock market has been rough this year, with  various investment asset classes showing negative returns. If you […]

Willow Creek Commentary: Summer-2015

IMPACTFUL CHARITABLE GIVING American charitable giving is the largest in the world, exceeding $350 billion per year given to more than 1 million charities: 72% of all giving comes from individuals with the combined giving of foundations, bequests, and corporations making up the remaining 28%. Deciding how much to give and to whom is challenging […]

How much and to whom in this season of giving?

There are ways to bring discipline, more impact to gifts American charitable giving is the largest in the world, exceeding $300 billion per year given to over 1 million charities. Like you, my mailbox overflows this time of year with solicitations from many organizations supporting worthy causes — locally, nationally and internationally. Deciding how much […]